October 16

10/20 Clitorea Ternatea and Tiger Lily

Clitorea Ternatea

1. My name is Clitoria ternatea, but I am also called Asian pigeonwings, blue pea flower, butterfly pea flower, bluebellvine, Darwin pea flower, vagina flower and cordofan pea flower. 
  2. The first word in my name (Clitoria) is connected to the word Clitoris. Clitoris is a part of the genitals in a human female. The reason I’m called this is because my flowers looks like the outer view of the Clitoris. And so this is why I am called “vagina flower.” Flowers, like me, also have a Clitoris.
  3.  I have medicinal benefits such as a memory enhancer, antidepressant, sedative, anticonvulsant, anxiolytic, nootropic, tranquilizer, antistress. People have used me for centuries because of these benefits.

Tiger Lily

1. Hi, you probably know me as Tiger Lily, but my scientific name is Lilium lancifolium. I belong to the family Liliaceae and am native to Japan, China, Korea and Russia.
  2. Although I am not native to America, I am planted all over because of my colorful orange flowers with little black stripes/spots.
  3. It takes 120-130 days for my species to grow up and blossom. We usually bloom during the summer.

Posted October 16, 2019 by josies2021 in category Uncategorized

2 thoughts on “10/20 Clitorea Ternatea and Tiger Lily

1. harperf2021

Hey Josie,
    I liked you blog. I thought it was cool how many names you flower has (Even though some of them are very…Strange). I could definitely use the memory trait as well. Anyway great job, stay in school.

Reply
  2. Shane Boland Harrison

Hey Josie, I am interested why you listed facts for your post as opposed to telling a story as a day in your life as the plant. Maybe you didn’t understand the assignment???

These are cool flowers and I am really interested in the pea flower. It is a great name and I wonder if a woman named it? What do you think? I have a lot of lilies in my garden:)

Reply