September 22

9/22 LOC (part 1)

Day 1: When we got to LOC, we did a team building exercise. There were five wooden boxes with slots in at least 1-2 sides, for us to put the three wooden boards in. We couldn’t touch the ground, and we also couldn’t let the boards touch the ground. So, we had to figure out how to get all thirteen of us across. Then we had lunch, and got in some busses and heading for the beach. When there, we talked to a park ranger about helping pick up some glass the was dumped on the beach. Harper and I combined our glass and ended up with around 50! After we finished cleaning up glass shards, we got to swim in the lake. 

We ate dinner and played protect the fort. We had to “train” and earn coins and then take back the “good castle.”After that we had to take over the “evil castle” and fight off all of the counselors. Day 2: We ate breakfast, welcomed the elementary kids and got in some vans and headed towards crystal river. Once there, we pulled out the cayaks, partnered up and headed downstream. We saw cranes, fish, and a huge snapping turtle. I didn’t see or so as much, because I was napping in the middle of the cayak.

• Could we have completed the team building project faster if we had done it from a different perspective?
  • How much glass did I walk past without noticing?
  • How did that snapping turtle get so big?

Posted September 22, 2019 by josies2021 in category Uncategorized

1 thoughts on “9/22 LOC (part 1)

1. Shane Boland Harrison

Josie – I think you had some valid concerns regarding the team building exercise. It is always good to look at things from all perspectives. It as a lesson on how to get 11 people to listen and cooperate – not an easy thing.

How did you feel about this years LOC? You seemed to be sleepy a lot. I wish I could have seen the castle activity.

Reply